Christmas is among the biggest holiday, but the birth of Christ isn’t the only cause we celebrate. Even the minute affairs have their own days:
January. For the first month, we have the annoying opposite day and couple that with nothing day, we should have high dose of playfulness and tolerance. Our feet were taken into focus alongside blaming someone else for starting a rumor.
- Blame someone else day – 13th (or first Friday the 13th day of the year)
- Nothing day – 16th
- Measure your feet day – 23rd
- Opposite day – 25th
February. If you’re dying to change your name, this is good; but if you love your name already, you’ll have to change it for a day. You could cry any day on spilled milk but not on the 11th.
- Read in the bathtub day – 9th
- Don’t cry over spilled milk day – 11th
- Get a different name day – 13th
- Wear red day – 25th
March. Fantastic month. There’s a day of awesomeness, which I celebrate everyday, be nasty day and oh, waffle day! We better get a great haircut because haircut appreciation day is coming. And there’s Bunsen burner day. Wait, what is a Bunsen burner again?
- Be nasty day – 8th
- Day of awesomeness – 10th
- Waffle day – 25th
- Hairstyle appreciation day – 30th
- Bunsen burner day – 31st
April. Start the month fooling and end it with honesty (handle both with caution). Stop the housework and look at the sky. High five a friend after picking your nose; then memorize the meaning of DNA. This is April.
- April fool’s day – 1st
- No housework day – 7th
- Look up at the sky day – 14th
- High five day – 19th
- DNA day – 20th
- International nose picking day – 23rd
- Honesty day – 30th
May. I think people are hungriest at this month. They invented the no diet day, which you would eat without any regard. Count a few days then there’s eat what you want day, pick strawberries day and even chicken dancing day – it can be any type of dance but it has to be chicken. Star Wars day is May the 4th, get it?
- Star Wars day – 4th
- No diet day – 6th
- Eat what you want day – 11th
- Dance like a chicken day – 14th
- Pick strawberries day – 20th
June. I get to practice my acting skills by getting panicked exaggeratedly upon seeing the news. One question, why the hell would you take your dog to your work? Veterinarians, don’t answer.
- Dare day – 1st
- Hug holiday – 11th
- International panic day – 18th
- Take your dog to work day – 23rd
July. You think the geeks would let the awesome to have a day on their own? They’ve got their day too. There’s a day for getting out of the doghouse, which you should have not waited for this day to come out if you entered it. Sorry bee sting victims, you can’t avenge and step on a bee on the 10th. Maybe step on bees?
- Stay out of the sun day – 3rd
- Compliment your mirror day – 3rd
- Don’t step on a bee day – 10th
- Embrace your geekness day – 13th
- Get out of the doghouse day – 16th
August. Woohoooo! Bad poetry day – I’ve got an excuse. Wiggle thy toes, thou breath today, you shall groom, if you’re a dude. That bad, eh?
- Fresh breath day – 6th
- Wiggle your toes day – 6th
- Men’s grooming day – 17th
- Bad poetry day – 18th
September. Video games day is the most important day on any month. Don’t ask why, it’s not stupid.
- Be late for something day – 5th
- Video games day – 12th
- Talk like a pirate day – 19th
- Ask a stupid question day – 28th
October. It’s possible for gay people to come out many times this month. They face the fear of coming out on 9th, coming out day on 11th, and shout out their coming out in caps lock on 22nd.
- Face your fears day – 9th
- Coming out day – 11th
- Caps lock day – 22nd
- Increase your psychic powers day – 31st
November. If there’s a day dedicated for cleaning refrigerators, does that mean I can do it once a year?
- False confession day – 21st
- Clean your refrigerator day – 15th
- Beautiful day – 20th
December. I’m interested, how does a bathtub party work? I guess being nice starts on the 4th, it’s Santa’s list day.
- Eat a red apple day – 1st
- Santa’s list day – 4th
- Bathtub party day – 5th
It may be silly to form holidays for appreciating the air conditioners or looking at the sky, especially when holidays are widely celebrated for the esteemed dates in history. I think this is a great thing to remind us that it doesn’t have to be a huge deal for us to celebrate. It would add an exciting spice to life if we just abandon everything and take the moment to celebrate the little things.
I’d like to have an act like drunk day. What weird and wacky things/situations you’d like to be a holiday?